Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29, 2007

Hello All,
Well, Naomi AND Ben are gone. I'm the lone adult in the house! Ben is only gone for today and tomorrow to a conference in Chicago, so not a big deal. But I will miss Naomi so much! It was fabulous to have her here, and it just seems like she fits in to our household perfectly. She knows just what to do without me saying anything, and the boys love her and she was the laundry QUEEN! I barely touched the laundry, she's been doing it all herself. And it's been a REALLY heavy week for laundry for some reason. Well, I was backed up for 2 weeks for one thing, and then it just seemed like ALL the blankets got peed on by various boys so I was changing sheets and blankets practically every day. Anyway, I'm sure Naomi is probably worn out and glad to get back to her apartment with NO LITTLE BOYS. Naomi, thank you so, so, so, so much a million times for coming here. I loved it. You helped me so much, I can't even say.

Yesterday I got my garage organized which I'm so happy about. It has been stressing me out a lot. While Naomi and I were unloading some boxes of tools, she spied this ENORMOUS wolf spider in the bottom of the box. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Anyone who knows me well knows I hate, hate, hate, hate spiders. Especially enormous scary looking spiders at the bottom of a box that I had been reaching into! This thing was minimum 2.5 inches in diameter (I'm NOT exagerrating, Naomi can vouch for that). Naomi and I were incredibly brave, though (well, actually just Naomi), and she pulled the box really fast out to the other side of the driveway where we tipped it over, and got the rest of the stuff out using a rake (the spider was STILL in the box). When Ben came home, we went out there, and the spider was still in the box! So Joseph got to see it, but it scurried away into the leaves JUST before Brigham got to see it. He was crying about it this morning-- that Joseph got to see the spider and he didn't. Anyway, I googled Wolf Spiders, and they are called that because they run and hunt down their prey, just like a wolf. They are also pretty venomous and bites can be very dangerous to little kids. CREEPY. I hope I don't see another of those any time soon.

Naomi took the boys to the park yesterday afternoon while I finished garage stuff at home, and then when Ben got back we went to Rudy's for a goodbye dinner. Rudy's is this strange Texas restaurant that is actually a part of a gas station. Hard to explain. But it is famous in Texas and it has really good brisket. So we enjoyed a "relaxing" dinner with 5 squirrelly kids (we were babysitting Rose and Mae), had to change tables when Brigham spilled his water all over the place (we rescued most of the food), but it was still fun. After dinner we drove up to Lake Travis so Naomi could see it before she left, then drove out to Bee Caves and then back home, trying to get kids asleep. We got Joseph and Mosey asleep, but not Brigham. Brigham develops these plans all day at school of different projects he wants to do, and he was NOT going to fall asleep until he got home to do this project. The project involved getting the keys and locks he has collected, and two chains he acquired from the hammock we set up (did I tell you I bought a hammock and stand for the back deck? It is huge, but fun. Not exactly relaxing, though, because whenever I get on it, 3 little boys also get on it and want to crawl around on it like spiders on a spider web and I feel suspiciously like a trapped fly), and then chain and lock his treasure box so no one could get into it. Funny little boy. So he was up really late and was subsequently quite grouchy this morning. I think I'll do a really early bedtime tonight.

All right, I better fix lunch for Mosey. He's been playing with blocks and cars and talking to himself all morning. He has really funny conversations with himself. "You are a bad boy. No I'm not, I am a good boy!" He also is really into making up words-- he'll describe something as "squivelly," or "bobbling" and it's really funny. But today he has made up a word that pretty much sounds like "b*st*rd" (I'll let you fill in the blanks), which is a word I am SURE he doesn't know for real, and he keeps saying it!! But I'm just going to ignore it in the hopes he'll forget about it and move on to some other made up word.

Ok, loves to everyone!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Eeewww! I hate spiders too. Wait until you come across some scorpions. After a while, living here in Austin, the creepy crawly things aren't as scary. After living here for seven years, they still give me the creeps, but I seem to take it a bit more easily. Good thing the wolf spider didn't "attack!"