Tuesday, March 27, 2007

August 30, 2006

Hello everyone,
Well Tropical Storm Ernesto has come and gone. It wasn't much, really, just a little rain and wind, but nothing out of the ordinary!! I'm very glad of course, but can't help but snicker a little at all the media coverage and hysteria over something that ended up to be nothing. I had a feeling (must be my psychic meteorologist abilities) that this storm would be nothing, and we did literally nothing to prepare. I left all the boys' toys and stuff out in the backyard, didn't even bother fully charging my phone. Of course if the day had progressed and things continued to look bad, I would have done a few things, but I wasn't going to do anything until I HAD to.
We didn't even lose power, and that's saying something because often in our every day summer storms around here we'll lose power for an hour or two. To be fair, some areas of the county did lose power for a while, but we didn't.
So, that's that.
Today was my last day of being in my 20's. Sigh... I'm not too happy about that, but what can I do? Not much, unless I will myself to remain 29 for the rest of my life like Grandma Frandsen! :-) She really is 29, you know. Age is all a state of mind, right?
So tomorrow I embark upon the wonderful adventure of my 30's. There's some optimism for you, right? I'm ok with being 30, really I am. It's just that being 20 really doesn't seem that long ago, and time just keeps accelerating. So that means my 30's will fly by even faster than my 20's and then I'll be 40!! Eeeek!!! And I'll have teenagers!! (I think that's the REALLY scary part-- much scarier than being 40). It is all very strange. I don't think I ever really grasped the reality that *I*, would someday be in my 30's, and now here I am.
I've decided that for my 30th birthday I am going to get my hair colored. I've never done that before, but I'm getting so many grays now, it is very depressing. I definitely got Daddy's gray hair genes (thanks a lot, daddy!!), and I've decided *not* to age gracefully after all. My friend Rena does hair, and I'll have her color mine probably over the weekend. I'm not going to go blonde, though. I'll take a picture of the end result.
Tomorrow the boys go back to school which will be very good. They don't like being confined indoors for 2 days. Actually, they're probably ok with it, but I don't like them confined indoors for 2 days! Too many messes made. I think Mosey enjoyed it, though.
Here's a new game Brigham and Joseph made up. Brigham drew a picture of a pirate ship, 2 pirates (Brigham and Joseph actually), and an island. They glued it to the floor (yes, GLUE, on my tile-- thank goodness just the children's glue stick, water soluble), and then jumped onto it to jump into "pirate world." Then they would play in pirate world for a while, and when they were done, they'd jump onto the picture again and jump "out" of pirate world into the real world. I thought that was a pretty clever game.
Brigham and Joseph have very distinct personalities, as you all know, but I'm beginning to think Mosey sort of sees them as a unit. I've noticed when he talks about them, he refers to them as "BrighamJoseph," all one world. "Mom, where are BrighamJoseph?" "Time to get BrighamJoseph from school!" Etc. Now that he is talking, it is so interesting to get a glimpse of how his brain works.
Ok, I'm off to bed now. Morning comes early and I've been so tired lately. My left foot's giving me trouble again, too, and I'm afraid another MS attack is on the horizon. So I'm trying to get lots of sleep and take good care of myself to hopefully nip this in the bud.

No comments: