Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 8, 2007

Hey Everyone,
I owe a longer update, which I'll do probably later today, but I thought I'd send some pictures I took in Dallas last week.
The first is a mural painted on the side of the parking garage for the Music Center. The text reads:
"The Artist must be
Sacrificed to the Art.
Like the Bees, they must
Put their lives into
The sting they give."

The 2nd and third are just some cool buildings, and the rest are from the Dallas World Aquarium.






In this pic and the next, you can't really tell but these are HUGE fish in a floor-to-ceiling freshwater aquarium. This one is probably 5-6 feet long.




One of 2 cool aquarium "tunnels"


My favorite little fish, but he was FAST and hard to snap a good picture of. His colors IRL were incredibly vibrant.



My favorite guy again








For a while this guy was backed up against the coral and he was almost impossible to see until he swam out a little-- great camoflage.


I think this is the same kind of fish as in Finding Nemo-- the old guy in the Dentist's tank, and the only one also from the ocean. Know the one I mean?


Lion fish. These are awesome.


Hammerhead shark. I tried and tried to get a better shot where you could see the "hammer" part of his head better, but this was about the best I could do. These are strange looking sharks! And not as big as I thought-- there were 2 in this tank, and probably only 5 feet long.

Awesome jellyfish.


2 huge manatees in the fresh-water tank.


Manta-ray shark-- I believe the same type that killed Steve Irwin. We're still sad about that around here, and the boys continue to pray for his family in *every* single prayer.


Rabbit that hopped over to take a look at us.

Seahorse. One of the things I like best about these is that the females lay the eggs, and then the males take over, protecting the eggs and the young until they're old enough to fend for themselves. Cool, huh?




And of course the highlight of the trip-- the Great White Shark. Scary!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Excellent colors and contrast in these pictures, Gabby.