Thursday, March 01, 2007

June 15, 2006

Hey everyone,
I'm here, still alive. I've been super, super busy with a few different things, hence my silence. I've been working on several photo sessions and another drawing for someone, so all fun stuff, but still very busy! Trying to sleep in between times, when I can.
I have some pictures I want to share, but no time to upload them now.
Some of the highlights of the week were:
--Catching a Southern Ring-neck snake and keeping it for a day. The boys loved it and wanted to hold it/play with it all the time. It is non-venomous (checked before I let the boys touch it), and fairly non-aggressive, although it did bite Joseph. It's teeth are too small to break the skin, and at first Joseph was just interested, but he got a little scared when it wouldn't let go. I had to pry it's jaws off his finger. Brigham got this curly straw we have and picked it up with that and it wound itself around the curves in the straw. A pretty tricky way to avoid getting bit!
--Mosey has been learning to tell me when he needs to go potty-- he's about 50% on that for now. BUT, our major victory was yesterday when he came up to me and said, "Mom, I hafta go poop!" and I took him into the bathroom, sat him down, and sure enough! He delivered on his assertion. Very exciting.
--Joseph said the prayer in primary on Sunday. He did a very good job, and was so cute.
--I overheard a very funny (but a little disturbing) exchange between Brigham and Joseph. They were needling each other, as they sometimes do, and Joseph was trying to provoke Brigham (as he often does). He told Brigham when they were grown up that he was going to push him off a cliff (I know, it sounds terrible, but honestly he's just trying to get a rise out of Brigham, and yes, I do get after him for saying stuff like that). Brigham kneeled down next to the couch, where they were playing, and I heard him say this: "Dear Heavenly Father, please don't let Joseph push me off a cliff, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen." Then he looked up triumphantly at Joseph and said, "See Joseph? Heavenly Father won't let you push me off a cliff!"

--Ben interviewed with another company last night-- they are trying to recruit him, Ben didn't seek them out. They have 2 offices, one here and one in Dallas, much like his current company. Ben liked the guy he talked with, but doesn't know if he is really interested or not. He will meet with their CEO at some point and we'll see if it goes anywhere.

Ok, time for bed. Actually it was time about 5 hours ago, but what can you do...

Here's Joseph at Dallin Douberly's first birthday party at CB Smith Park.


And here's Brigham. It was a stormy, muggy day. Summer is here again!









No comments: