Thursday, March 29, 2007

January 7, 2007

Hey Everyone,
Just to let you all know we are now in Austin. We made the move! We got here late Wednesday night (actually Thurs morning I guess), and our stuff in the big container boxes came the next morning. We unloaded the boxes on Friday and they are all in the appropriate rooms. Haven't started unloading them yet, though! It was sunny and warm the first 2 days we were here, but today it was cold and drizzly. That's ok though, it gave the boys an opportunity to try out some of the warmer clothes I got them at Walmart on Thursday. No more shorts and t-shirts winters for us. But I can't complain, it is only perhaps a little bit colder than Southern California.
We are renting a house in Austin-- on the East side of the city in the hills. Maybe we'll buy a house after our house in Florida sells, if Ben still likes his job! So far he does. The house we are in is a lot smaller than our old house, but it is on just one story which is nice for me, with my leg being like it is right now. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry room, living room, kitchen, dining room, and a weird entry room that is pretty big but seems pretty useless. Kind of smallish backyard, but probably about as big as our last backyard? Maybe a bit bigger. There is a deck along hte back of the house so it's kind of hard to tell. Very nice neighborhood-- the neighbors on either side of us already introduced themselves and were really nice. The boys will start school on Monday at Spicewood Springs Elementary school. Joseph is sooooooooo excited. He really wanted to go on Friday but I didn't have all the paperwork together yet. I guess he's sick of me! LOL.
The boys are having fun in our new house, exploring and pretending there are ghosts in the garage (I think they seriously scared Mosey about that this morning), and going on lots of errands with me (2 trips to Walmart, 1 trip each to Lowes, Home Depot, Ikea, and Radio Shack). I'm trying to get a washer and dryer and a bunkbed for the boys. Didn't manage to actually make the purchases today (was just price-comparison shopping) but at least now I know which models I'm getting and where. On Monday I'll make those purchases I guess. While the boys are at school which will make it a bit easier.

I got my first manicure when I was in California for Christmas-- a Christmas present from my parents, and it lasted quite well until our boxes arrived on Friday. Manicures are not meant for girls who actually do manual labor. But it was fun while it lasted. My toes still look pretty good!
Tomorrow will be our first day at our new ward and I'm very interested to see what it is like. I'll return and report tomorrow night. Probably no dental wife club here, which will probably make the ward far less interesting! LOL.
I hope 2007 is treating y'all well so far (hey, now I can legitimately use the word "y'all" since I'm finally back in Texas! Yay!).

No comments: