Thursday, March 01, 2007

June 7, 2006

Hello Everyone,
I'm attaching a couple of pictures of the iguana we had for a couple of days. It was a cute little thing except for the fact that it would bite whenever I picked it up! It was just a baby, probably 6 months old or so, and its teeth were little so it didn't hurt much, but still made the boys a bit anxious. Whenever it got nervous it would open its mouth real wide, I guess trying to scare us away with its ferocious 1/2 mm teeth. :-)
Today was a great success for Mosey on the potty-- no accidents. AND, I believe he is sleeping in Brigham's room, and i think he even fell asleep there by himself! (I'm not entirely sure since I've been downstairs since he went to bed, but Ben may have gotten him earlier). However, he did have a couple of 2-year-old moments, namely when he got a jar of peanut butter, climbed onto the drawers in the computer room, and then finger-painted with peanut butter on my canvas curtain that separates the computer room and living room. I'm not sure how I can get that off without taking down the entire curtain and washing it in the washing machine. I may end up having to do that which would be a big pain.
Brigham and Joseph are just delving into the world of jokes. It is pretty hilarious to listen to them telling jokes. Mostly because their jokes are distinctly NOT hilarious. Here are how a couple of them go:
"Mom, why did the chicken cross the road?""I'm not sure, honey, why?"
"Because it didn't think it would get run over!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!"
and another:
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Banana""Banana who?"
"Orange""Orange who?"
"Apple""Apple who?"
etc., etc., etc. as they name all the fruits they can think of, laughing hysterically after each one.

And one more:
Ben taught them a knock knock joke that goes like this: "Knock knock," "who's there?" "Boo" "Boo who?" "Ohhh, why are you crying?"
But the boys didn't really get that and so this is their rendition of this joke:
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Banana" (they like to include bananas in knock knock jokes I guess)
"Banana who?"
"Oh mom, why are you crying?" (followed by hysterical laughter).

It's just really funny because they know jokes are supposed to be funny, so they laugh really hard whenever they tell a joke, but they really don't understand the humor of jokes yet, so their laughter makes no sense, which actually makes it much funnier to me.

Ok, that's it. Here are some pictures of the iguana








No comments: