Thursday, March 29, 2007

February 7, 2007

Hey Everyone,
I'm feeling neglectful of my letter-writing, so I thought I'd remedy that tonight.
The boys have got this idea that whenever you learn something your brain gets a new wrinkle. So they were discussing together about what happens when you learn a WHOLE LOT and your brain can't get any more wrinkles. Joseph's thought was that your brain gets so wrinkled that then it disappears. Hmmm, could be. Brigham said, "When your brain gets too many wrinkles they overflow to your skin and that's why your skin gets wrinkles." Pretty clever, eh?
We've enjoyed a few days of lovely weather, thank goodness. It got up to the 70's today!! We went to the park to soak in the sun.
Last weekend we went to the Inner Space Caves, this pretty cool series of caverns that were discovered when I-35 was being built about 30 years ago or so. Joseph saw his first real bats in the wild!! He was very excited. They were hibernating, so it wasn't too exciting really, but he was pretty thrilled. I took some pictures, but they are the smallest species of bat in America and I had my 30mm lens on, so it's pretty hard to see!
The boys have been behaving pretty well, no troubles at school or church, thank goodness. Hopefully we're over the hump in that area.
Brigham has taken upon himself the job of cleaning up dog poop from the backyard, primarily because he gets financially compensated pretty well for that dirty job. Yesterday we got home from school, I was on the phone in the back bedroom, and from the kitchen Brigham asked me if he could go out and pick up dog poop. I didn't hear him for a while until he was nearly crying, screaming out "I WANNA PICK UP DOG POOP!!!" Sometimes you just notice how ludicrous life can be sometimes!
Last Friday I went to Joseph's class to do a presentation on being a photographer for their social studies unit on "community helpers." Not nearly as exciting as the detective who came in, or the doctor, but it was still fun. I took pictures of the class, and then photoshopped their hair to be rainbow colored (per the kids' request), and sent in the pictures on Monday. I'm going to get prints made for all the kids to take home tomorrow.

Mosey is being a good little guy, we're working on having Ben put him to bed, which was pretty painful for a few nights, but he seems resigned to it now and is doing well. Today he helped me clean the house, using about 10 cleaning wipes to wash the bathroom floor. What a good helper!
I have to say I really like our smaller house. So much easier to clean and keep organized! So any of you who are coveting big houses-- they're not all they're cracked up to be...
Ok, off to bed now. I'll attach the rainbow-hair picture of Joseph's class as well as a couple of cave photos.

Such interesting textures in a cave!


"Soda straws" growing from the ceiling


The largest cavern in the cave


Cool reflections in the water pools

Joseph finally gets to see a real live bat in the wild!!


Joseph's Kindergarten class, with rainbow-photoshopped hair!


No comments: