Thursday, March 29, 2007

January 23, 2007

Ok guys, it is a sign. I just wrote a VERY long and whiney email about my really hard couple of days, and then I pressed some sort of button and lost the whole thing!!!! So it must be fate telling me not to complain.

Here's the outline version:
I got strep throat over the weekend.
It's been cold and drizzly (barely into the 40's).
Joseph got called into the principal's office after a conflict with the P.E. teacher.
I've been depressed and consequently eating way too much sugar.
Ben's had to work late every night practically since we got here (like, till nearly 7:00 every night-- last night it was almost 7:30).
Had a very hard night tonight with Brigham and Joseph BOTH throwing major fits requiring several time outs and a spanking.
Got a call from our realtor-- a couple of people have really liked the house but they don't like the power lines behind the house.
Basically just questioning my parenting skills and my overall worth as a human being tonight.

But, to appease the fates and to prevent them from deleting my email again, here is a good list:

The antibiotics are working and the strep seems much better today.
We did have one sunny nice day on Sunday, and SOMEDAY I'm sure I'll see the sun again.
Joseph had a very good day at school today and we have had lots of good talks about behavior and consequences.
I realize that I am depressed, and I'm aware it is because of the weather and non-stop parenting-- I should get a break from both of those things someday!
Ben says his work should be tapering off soon and his goal is to come home most nights at 5:30.
Brigham and Joseph both eventually calmed down from their fits and after reading our chapter of the Book of Mormon, both boys were so into it that they asked me not to stop, and to read the next chapter.
Although we haven't sold our FL house yet, I am enjoying living in this house. It is much smaller and SO much easier to clean! (not that it is particularly clean now).
Although we haven't sold our FL house yet, I am enjoying living in this house. It is much smaller and SO much easier to clean! (not that it is particularly clean now).
If I keep trying my hardest, the Lord will make up for my shortcomings as a parent and human being, right??

Ok, that's it for tonight. I'm going to take a bubble bath and go to bed on time so that I can have a better day tomorrow.

No comments: