Tuesday, March 27, 2007

July 26, 2006

First of all,
Happy Birthday Naomi!!! For the next 36 days, we are only 1 year apart... :-) I hope you are having a good day and doing something fun, and I hope those around you recognize your special day!

This week is tax-free week for school supplies, clothes, shoes, etc., so on Monday I took the boys to Walmart to stock up. I thought I'd go on Monday to avoid the crowds and to get our things before everything was picked over. Well, apparently half of Cooper City also had my idea, and the place was packed. At least, the school supplies section was. We had actually gotten everything we needed, except for dry-erase marker erasers, and I was searching high and low for those when I turned around and Mosey was gone. He is definitely my lag-behind boy and I constantly have to encourage him to keep up with me, and besides that he was very interested in all the school supplies. I figured he was in the area somewhere and I looked all around for him. No luck. Then I figured he must have just gone up another aisle nearby, so I looked up and down all the aisles around us. Then I thought, maybe he figured out where the toy section was, so I walked quickly over there, but no luck. I started to get quite worried at that point, and found a Walmart employee and told him my 2 year old was missing, and described him and what he was wearing. He was on the ball, and immediately went over to an employee phone and announced on the intercom that he was missing. At first he got it wrong and said he was SIX years old, though, so I had to correct him and he announced it again. The ward primary president happened to be there with her four kids, and she immediately went on the search for him too. I kept looking up and down all the aisles, sure that I must have just missed seeing him somewhere. Finally the employee I had talked to before found me and told me that Moses was over by the fitting rooms. Which are clear across on the other side of the store!! And Walmarts are not small. I was very relieved and ran over there where he was very happy in the arms of one of the girls working the fitting rooms. He didn't seem to be at all disturbed by the event, but I was, and didn't let him out of my arms till we got to the car. The whole thing was less than 10 minutes, I'm sure, but plenty long for me. Of course the lady that had him felt it necessary to lecture me about not letting him out of my site because there are lots of weirdos out there. Which was good advice but a little overkill at that point, for me anyway. My own internal panic was enough chastisement.
But anyway, we did get our school supplies (minus the erasers), each boy got a new pair of shoes, and Brigham and Joseph got 3 new pairs of shorts and 3 new shirts. All ready for school in 3 weeks.
Ben decided not to take the Bar exam this week after all, so that made last weekend and the last couple of days a lot less stressful for everyone. He can take it next February for an additional $75 fee, and he just was not feeling good about taking it this week. He's not entirely sure why, his studying was going well, but he just felt really uneasy about it so decided to go with that instinct and wait.
Ok, I'm off to continue my morning chores. Hope everyone is doing well. No new news on Kent, which is good and bad I guess. Good because it means nothing bad has happened, but bad too, because it means the doctors have still not been able to wake him out of his coma yet...

No comments: