Monday, June 04, 2012

06/03/2012

Oops, I've missed a few days.  Well, here are some things from the past few days.

1.  Today was Stake Conference.  Joseph and Brigham and Mosey all sang in the children's choir, so we went to the Stake Center instead of watching it broadcast at our church building.  Brigham and Mosey were very excited to be on TV.  :-)  They were so cute up there, but I got all emotional thinking about how Joseph and Brigham have only a little more than 1 more year in primary.  After they sang, they came back and sat next to Ben and me.  They all drew mazes (even Ben) for each other during the talks.  Drawing mazes is a pretty good talk-listening-to-activity, since you really can listen at the same time.

2.  Later on this afternoon, we got too scared watching an X-files episode, so I introduced the boys to the wonders of MacGuyver.  I remember watching this show on Friday afternoons at Hillary Garrett's house when I was about the twins' age.  Seems like TV shows were better back then.

3.  Yesterday morning Ben and I were getting ready to take the boys to their respective activities-- Brigham and Mosey to choir practice, and Joseph to archery.  But then Joseph asked if he could skip archery and go to choir instead.  I was shocked!  This is the same boy who refused to sing not long ago because some kid had told him singing was "for girls."  I guess after 4 years, he's worked through that emotional trauma.  :-)  Anyway, they all went and had a good time.

4.  I left early with Mosey (J&B went home with the Kelleys) so he could go to his TKD board-breaking clinic and belt testing.  It was such a kick (ha!) to watch him at the board-breaking clinic.  He really got into it and yelled louder than anyone else in the room.  On his first kick, he broke his board into four pieces-- boy was he excited about that!  I love to see him so enthusiastic about TKD.  Afterward I got him a slushy at Sonic and then went back for his blue belt testing.  I had to watch from outside the windows (only seating was on the floor in the studio), so it was a little hard to tell exactly how he did, but it looked good to me, and he was happy and cooperative.  He had me bring in Snow Tail (his new name for Arctie, his arctic fox Webkinz), and Beepie, an awesome lego robot he made, so they could watch him, too.  :-)

5.  In the evening, we all went out to eat at How We Roll, where Ben had the boys playing a 20-questions geography game, which they got on the 20th question-- the answer was Crete.  Then Ben took Mosey home, and I took Brigham and Joseph down to the Long Center to see the Austin Symphony.  The headliner for the night was Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2, one of my favorite pieces of music of all time.  I was a little hesitant to take them, since the last time at the symphony wasn't an unqualified success.  But I think they really enjoyed last night.  I know I did.  The crowd at the Symphony tends to be a little older, and everyone got a kick out of seeing these two handsome boys with me.  I'm not sure the boys appreciated the attention, but I thought it was sweet.

6.  The rest of last week was fairly uneventful, I think.  Lessons, chores, practicing, etc.  Only ONE MORE WEEK of lessons now!

No comments: