Wednesday, June 27, 2012

06/26/2012

1.  Piano lessons bright and EARLY this morning.  Especially early for me since I had terrible insomnia last night (this sometimes happens to me when I stay up too late) and slept less than 3 hours.  The boys ate breakfast, practiced a little bit, and then played through their songs before going to piano lessons. 

2.  After piano lessons we went home and the boys and I worked hard cleaning the house for the appraiser.  Of course, when we were nearly done, the appraiser called back and said he needed to reschedule for tomorrow morning.  Oh well.  :-)

3.  Speech and debate class in the afternoon.  Afterwards, all the boys played for a while.  Mostly inside since it was 108 degrees outside!!!!!  UGH!!!!!  There are two other parents who sit inside waiting for their kids.  Interesting folks.  Clearly on the other end of the political spectrum as I am.  One of the parents is a man who adopted a sibling group of 4 kids with his partner.  He and the other woman know each other well, so I mostly sit and listen in on their conversations.  Today the man was talking about his plans to send his oldest son to an exclusive private boarding school in the North East, so he'll have a shoe-in for an ivy-league college, so that he will then have a shoe-in for an ivy-league graduate school.  I got to brag on my siblings and siblings-in-law who have gone to ivy-league graduate schools *without* going to exclusive private schools and buying fancy ivy-league bachelor's degrees (which seems like essentially what you're doing going to an ivy-league as an undergraduate).  I don't think we were persuasive, though (the other mom there was on my side).

4.  Went to Target in the evening to pick up a prescription and buy some new things for the kitchen, just to REALLY spruce it up.  Bought new containers for the sugar/flour/brown sugar/powdered sugar that I keep on the cupboard.  Bought a stainless steel bread box instead of the falling-apart basket we currently use.  Bought a sleek stainless steel container for spatulas and spoons.  After dinner Ben and I worked on organizing the kitchen, getting rid of a lot of clutter on the countertops.  It really looks amazing now.  I will take pictures tomorrow before it gets messed up again! 
Discovered that we are missing a little end piece to the light assembly that Ben broke last night.  Figured it must be in the trash that the boys gathered up this afternoon.  So I went outside in the pitch black with Ben's head-light and dug through bags of old, yucky garbage (garbage day is tomorrow).  Didn't find it.  Yuck and ugh.  It's not that noticeable, but it's one of those things that is really irritating to me.  I know it's got to be in one of those bags outside, I just can't find it and really don't want to spend any more time going through moldy, sticky, smelly garbage.  Oh well.

No comments: