Thursday, June 21, 2012

06/20/2012

1.  I was so tired this morning.  I stayed up late last night putting stuff back in our master bathroom.  But I couldn't just put things back where they were, I needed to reorganize and put things back organized!  Which took a while.  I love organizing things.  Too bad I live with 4 other humans who do not prioritize organization quite as much as I do.  :-)

2.  Today was another great big chaotic day here.  We had painters come to remove the wallpaper in the bathrooms, retexture, and remove the popcorn ceiling.  Tomorrow they will paint.  This was a long, very messy project!  And it got even messier when I sold the refrigerator.  The boys helped me quite a bit, but still, thoroughly cleaning refrigerators is a lot of work.  The boys took everything in the refrigerator and put them on the kitchen table.  Then they took out the drawers and shelves and did a pretty good job of washing those out.  I had to take Mosey to TKD, and then I finished up when we got back home.  The refrigerator was pretty dirty in some parts because the way it sits in the kitchen, the refrigerator side door can't swing 180 degrees all the way open, only 90 degrees.  So I never could get the shelves and drawers out to clean underneath.  But Ben pulled the refrigerator out, and today we had the great fun of cleaning out 5 years worth of crumbs and gunk that had accumulated under the drawers.  Yuck.  But we sold it, the guy came, and took it away.  Bye, bye! 
After Ben got home tonight, we went to Lowes and got our new refrigerator.  I tried to find something that would work for us on Craigslist, but there just wasn't anything, and we really had to get a new refrigerator, because all of our food was sitting out on the table!  I like the new one.  Even though it was a PAIN to get it into the house, unpacked, untaped, and put back together.  The boys helped quite a bit, but at 11:00 (yes ELEVEN O'CLOCK), we finally told them to scram and get into bed.  I finished up assembling the shelves and drawers and handles and organizing and loading the food back in. 

3.  Today was the most unstructured day the boys have had yet.  Way, way too much computer gaming around here.  After this week things will settle down.  I've just been way too busy this week to properly monitor and police computer game usage.  Mosey had TKD, and Brigham had violin lessons, but aside from that, it was a free-for-all.  I guess it's OK to have a few of those during the summer.

4. And now it's 2:43 AM, and the painters are going to be back in about 5 hours and I'm going to be dead tired.  Good night!

No comments: