Wednesday, June 13, 2012

06/13/2012

1.  This morning Ben and I rushed to Lowes to pick out faucets for the new sinks we are getting with our granite-makeover.  The installers were supposed to come this morning at 10:00, so at 9:45 we we finally checked out at Lowes (who knew there were SO MANY CHOICES for faucets??  It took us so long to decide), and then rushed home to clear off the countertops (who knew we kept SO MUCH STUFF on our countertops?).  Turned out they were delayed, and delayed, and delayed, and finally called to tell us they couldn't make it today.  Grr.  So tomorrow morning (supposedly) it is.

2.  It was a pretty good Wednesday.  School went pretty well.  Joseph did well on math today.  Not sure what the difference was between today and yesterday, but I'll take it.  Of course, during math time Mosey freaked out about all the NOISE everyone was making.  It wasn't that much.  I was talking quietly to Joseph and Brigham about their work, and they were quietly asking me questions.  But Mosey apparently was so incredibly distracted, there was no way he could get his math done.  I finally got some ear plugs out for him, but apparently he could hear "perfectly" with those in, too.  Life is hard. 

3.  I took Brigham to violin lessons this afternoon, only to discover that he had his music, but not his violin.  He is my absent-minded professor, for sure.  Ben was working from home today (because the granite installers were supposedly coming), so he was able to run it over to us a lot faster than I could have driven home and back.  Of course 1 minute before he got there, Brigham's teacher called to tell us he could borrow one of the violins they had in the shop.  Oh well.

4.  I finally got an email from my nurse in Houston.  Yep, it's that time of year again.  I DO NOT WANT TO GO.  I'm not sure why these yearly trips throw me into such upheaval.  I hate going.  I HATE GOING.  I hate being a patient again.  I hate having to see doctors and feel like a sick person again.  I hate it.  It reminds me way too much of what things will be like if I get sick again.  I don't want to get sick again.  Being a sick patient is the exact opposite of how I see myself and how I want to be.  And this year I have to do the whole shebang with the leukopheresis and the lumbar puncture along with the MRI and the regular battery of neurological testing and blood draws.  Joy.  Which means I have to find a ride for myself since they will not let me drive home after the lumbar puncture.  I don't know why, because I always feel fine afterwards, but whatever.  I'll be there for at least 3 days and I'm sure Ben can't be there the whole time, and I can't be there with the van because I can't drive home.  Ugh.  I'll figure it out, but it's just such a pain, and I hate it and I don't want to go. 

No comments: