Sunday, June 24, 2012

06/22/2012

1.  It's my parents anniversary today-- 39 years (right?).  Wow! 
Here are a couple of pictures of the happy couple:
Walking together on campus at BYU.  I believe I remember that satchel my dad is carrying.  And look at his sandals with socks!  My mom's outfit is awesome-- love her shoes.  I remember dressing up in that skirt when I was little.


And here they are on their wedding day-- at the reception in my great-grandparents' backyard in Provo (just across the street from the Provo Temple, at the mouth of Rock Canyon, I believe).  Yep, they were definitely married in the early '70s.  :-)

2.  Ben stayed home from work today and spent nearly the whole day working on stuff in the house.  He and Brigham put up the new light fixtures in the bathroom, and Brigham did the light fixture in the hall almost all by himself!  Joseph and Mosey installed new light switch and outlet plates, and I changed out door hardware and hinges.  Joseph went with me to Lowes.  Ben and Brigham installed the new microwave, which ended up being a bit of a comedy of errors as we installed it first, thought it was wrong, changed stuff, reinstalled it, found it didn't fit, and then discovered we had done it right the first time.  Oh well.  And Ben cut his finger really bad on the 2nd (unnecessary) attempt, so I felt really bad.  I painted doors which we will hopefully soon install in place of the ugly flat-panel wood-stained laminate doors we have now.  Painting these doors is a pain in the neck because they are not flat-panel.  They are pretty, but it took me more than an hour to paint just one side.

3.  In the evening the Anderson boys came over to spend the night.  They are moving to Utah soon, and I think they are all sad to be parting company.  Especially Joseph.  He craves outside friendships more than Brigham does .  They set up our huge gigantic tent in the backyard (it has 4 "rooms"-- it may as well be like the Weasley's tent! :-)) and probably got maybe 8 hours of sleep between all 5 boys!  It stressed me out a bit, but I remember doing the exact same thing when I was a kid.

No comments: