Monday, June 11, 2012

06/09/2012

1.  Took Joseph to archery, after NOT enough sleep.  Joseph was the co-winner of the class shoot-off today, which was really fun for him.  At the end of the class, each kid gets a balloon to tack up on their target.  Each kid gets three shots, and if they don't pop their balloon, they are out.  Joseph got his on his first arrow.  Then the winners go on to the next round and try to pop the balloons still left on the wall.  He ended up tying with another boy who has a super-fancy bow with a site and stabilizer, so I think Joseph felt pretty good.  :-)

2.  I finished the quilt.  It took me forever, and entirely too many picked seams.  The problem was the ruffle I attached to the sides.  It was hard to make, and harder to sew on.  But it turned out really cute, and it was worth it because this is a good friend, and I haven't made the time to see her as much as I should have.  Being a bad friend is one of my perpetual well-deserved insecurities.  I love my friends and think about them all the time, but I'm really bad about picking up the phone to actually talk with them.  What is wrong with me?

3.  Well, I know a little of what is wrong with me.  I just finished a book called "Quiet," about introverts.  It pretty much describes me to a T.  So it's not my fault I'm anti-social!  I'm an introvert!  :-)  I need Ben to read the book so he can understand me.

4.  After finally finishing the quilt, I made a casserole to take over along with the quilt.  Mosey came with me to help me carry things.  First we had to go to HEB to get some fruit to go with the casserole.  Mosey went straight to the toy section and talked me into letting him buy another dragon.  We went to my friend's house and chatted for a while (Mosey was very rude and kept asking when we were going to leave-- I'm doing a bad job teaching manners!), and then went to the pool store to get chemicals, then to the pet store to get crickets, and then to the gas station for gas.  Mosey was pretty annoyed with me when we got home.  He hadn't counted on so many errands.  That's the last time he'll be willing to come with me, I think.

5.  We watched Narnia, all 5 of us squished onto our bed, and ate honey nut cheerios out of the box and popcorn.  I boycotted making dinner.  :-)

No comments: