Tuesday, May 29, 2012

05/29/2012

1.  I did see some of the fall-out from Mosey's and Joseph's very late night last night.  I'll leave it at that.  :-)  (It could have been worse, though.)

2.  Ben and I voted!  Joseph came along to see how it was done.  I felt bad because I hadn't had time to do much research on many of the candidates, and so I left several of the voting items blank.  I'm completely opposed to the "Get out the vote" thing.  I'm very much in favor of, "Get educated, and then get out the vote."  If you are not educated on the candidates and are not familiar with their platform or record, you should NOT VOTE.  Better to leave it blank than to vote for random people, or whoever's sign you happened to see last as you drove into the voting place.  But I did vote for Romney and for the senator and representative I'm in favor of.  And all the people who were running unopposed.  :-)  And for once, the late-May Texas primary counted for something, and MY vote helped Romney clinch the nomination!  Yay!

3.  Joseph had a make-up flute lesson at 6:00.  It was awesome how quickly we were able to speed home at 7:00 at night, as opposed to 5:30.  On our way to flute, he asked me what I thought he would be when he grows up.  You know, I'm not sure!  I could see him doing something law-related.  I need to track down a website or something that lists some of the thousands of jobs that successful people have in the United States.  There are lots of things to do! 
I was determined to get Mosey and Joseph in bed early tonight, so we did a Taco Bell run on the way home from flute.  They were supposed to be in bed by 8:30.  Mosey was, but Joseph conveniently got into the shower at 8:25.  But it wasn't too late.  Of course, Mosey thought it was completely unfair that he had to go to bed and turn off the light when Brigham got to stay up and read Fablehaven.  So he lay in his bed sobbing pathetically off and on (oh, the injustice of it all!!) until 9:00 or so.  Ben came home from Elders Quorum stuff at 9:30, at which point I saw the tell-tale rim of light shining from behind Joseph's bedroom door.  THAT BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ben went upstairs and turned it off, and I'm praying he's asleep now.  At least it will be better than 12:15 AM...

No comments: