Wednesday, June 06, 2012

06/05/2012

1.  Today was Mosey's first day of Cub Scout Day Camp.  He was out the door at 7:00 with his camp shirt on, and his sack lunch, ready for a HOT day of scouting fun.  He had a great time, and was excited to tell me about it when he got home. 
He was very happy to see Sandy when he got home, and Sandy was happy to see him, too.  :-)

2.  This morning Ben decided on the spur-of-the-moment to take Brigham and Joseph up to Ft. Worth to see Mitt Romney speak.  I would have liked to have gone, but I wanted to get some stuff done here at home a little bit more.  As it was, I'm glad I didn't go because Ben and the boys were among the very last to get through the door, and with  me in my wheelchair, I'm not sure we would have gotten in at all (it was very crowded).  Anyway, Brigham and Joseph thought it was great, and especially liked seeing themselves on CNN when they got home.  :-)  They listened to "Animal Farm" on the way there and back, and tonight we had a fun discussion about who each character represented.
Here are some screen-shots of Ben and the boys.  I sent my camera up with them, but it got left in the car.  Oh, well.
There's Joseph in the back, with his blue bat cap on.  You can see the top of Ben's head next to him.

Here's a good one of Brigham and Ben, and part of Joseph.


And, the only frame I was able to capture with all three of my boys visible! 

It will be fun for them to be able to tell people that they saw the President of the United States in person!

3.  While all of my boys were gone, I had the house to myself from 9:00-5:00.  WOW!!  I used every minute and got a lot done.  I straightened up the house, cleaned up from breakfast, etc.  Then I cleaned up and organized the playroom, which took a few hours.  But I feel so much more at peace knowing it's all in order!  And I FINALLY got through all of the papers and mail that was overflowing from the box on my desk.  I sure love having an EMPTY box on my desk.  It won't stay that way for long, though.  :-)  This took another couple of hours.  And then I folded laundry.  So, all very exciting stuff, but I know I'll sleep easier tonight knowing it's done.

4.  When Brigham and Joseph and Ben came home, we all went out into the front yard to see the Venus transit over the sun.  I'm glad we had our eclipse glasses from a few weeks ago!  They are getting good use.  I didn't take any pictures because it was pretty hard to see as it was, and I doubt it would have been easily visible through my camera.  Still, it was cool to see.  It was such an interesting perspective, to see this object between us and the sun.  It made the fact of Venus's existence a lot more real to me.  Normally I only see it as a star in the sky, but seeing it there between us and the sun made me suddenly "feel" our place in the solar system a little more vividly.  This has been a good few weeks for astronomy, that's for sure!

No comments: