Thursday, June 07, 2012

06/07/2012

1.  The morning went much better for Mosey.  :-)

2.  The twins and I spent the morning cleaning the house.  I know they were really excited about it.  But I wasn't feeling great (fighting a stomach bug), and it really needed to be done.  They were fairly OK with helping out-- there was only one small argument about who needed to clean up what.   Joseph wanted to get a head-start on some of his schoolwork for next week, so he spent an hour or so writing notes for the oral presentation he is going to give on bats.  Joseph has been on a bit of a bat-kick recently.  He's always loved bats, and is thinking about trying to build a bat house in our backyard.  Anything to get rid of some mosquitoes is just fine with me!  Give me bats over mosquitoes any day.  Then he and I went to HEB for dog food, and to replenish the crackers and fruit snacks I bought for Mosey's cub scout lunches.  I don't often buy pre-packaged food like that, and so when I do, it tends to get inhaled rather quickly.  A box of Cheez-Its, a box of vanilla wafers, a bag of Quaker mini rice cakes, a box of fruit-snacks, and half a package of oreos gone in less than 48 hours.  Now that's impressive.  And it's also the reason I rarely buy stuff like that.  But, for special lunches for cub scout camp, it's OK.

3.  Mosey came home very excited.  He had fun at camp.  They went to a water park, among other activities, which was a huge hit, even though he spent the rest of the evening rubbing his chlorine-stung eyes.  He also made a flower box and planted a beautiful flower in it just for me!  Sweet boy.

4.  Brigham and Ben had an epoch wrestling match tonight.  Ben is very strong, but his strength is matched 100% by Brigham's iron will.  Brigham would NOT surrender and eventually I had to decree the match to be a draw so we could eat dinner.  When Brigham gets a little bigger, he will be a formidable opponent!

No comments: