Monday, June 11, 2012

06/08/2012


1.  Mosey's last day of Day Camp.  I managed to get him up, dressed, fed, and ready to go by 6:25, only to realize that he didn't have to leave until 6:45 this morning.  Oh well.  :-)  He ended up loving camp, and came home in the afternoon SO excited.  He passed off a whole bunch of requirements and electives, made some cool crafts, and had lots of fun with the other boys in his den.

 I think this is his happy face??  :-)

2.  I started making a quilt for a friend who's about ready to have a baby.  I already had my squares cut out, and thought the quilt would be a quick project I could finish in a few hours.  Not.  Why am I SO SLOW at things?  I got bogged down making a ruffle for the edges, and finally at 4:30 AM (I didn't work continuously all the day long, but long enough!), I said enough is enough and made myself go to bed so I could get up at 8:15 in the morning (less than 4 hours away) to take Joseph to archery. 

3.  In the afternoon, a friend came by to drop off the family puppy for the boys to dog-sit while they are gone for a couple of days.  He was a cute little 3 month old puppy-- so CUTE!  And SO much energy!  I was reminded why we didn't want to get a puppy for the boys.  And I was confirmed in that decision.  Fun to watch for a couple of days, but man, puppies take a lot of commitment!  He loved to play (of course), but has sharp little puppy teeth that he didn't know how to manage too well.  The boys ended up putting on big fluffy coats to protect their arms.  Ha!

4.  When Ben got home from work we watched The Miracle Worker, about Helen Keller.  What a good movie!  I remember it from when I watched it as a kid.  So interesting to imagine what it must have been like to try to teach language to a child with no conception of what a word is. 

No comments: