Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Pumpkin bread



I've made this recipe for pumpkin bread 3 times over the past couple of weeks. I used this recipe, but modified it to make it a little less guilty.

Pumpkin bread:
1 15-oz. can of pumpkin
4 eggs (I use 4 Tbsp. egg powder + 4 Tbsp. water)
1/2 C. canola oil
1/2 C. applesauce
2/3 C. water
2 C. Splenda
1 C. sugar
2 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1 C. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2-1 C. raisins

Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, then blend together until just mixed.
Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour (more or less).

I also put these into mini-muffin tins and they were done in 20 minutes. They are also really good with cream cheese frosting, although that kind of defeats the purpose of the healthy modifications.

3 comments:

Christian Jacob Frandsen said...

What a beautiful beautiful photo. I want to eat some right now!

Mama said...

Yum! I just made a double batch of pumpkin bread on Saturday. I'm trying your recipe next time. Ever consider cookbook photography? You're amazing!

Naomi said...

Gabrielle, that recipe might even be No Sugar November appropriate... I'll have to try it!