Thursday, November 19, 2009

Favorite

My brilliant boy Brigham is a very... creative speller. He's been working on the word "favorite." He missed it a couple of days in a row, and so he tried hard to memorize the way it looks like it ought to be pronounced. So yesterday on his 3rd attempt with this spelling word, here's what he came up with:
faverright
That's just awesome, I say! Brigham is nothing if not creative.
He did get it right today, and I daresay he will never forget how to spell favorite again. :-)

3 comments:

Dan and Merideth said...

Thats so cute! Im a terrible speller! thank goodness for the little red lines that my computer provides under the misspelled words!!!

*that's a very cute story though! I cant wait until i have kids!!

Christine said...

That's how my grandma says it in her rural Utah accent :)

Mama said...

So funny!! Don't count on him never misspelling it again, however... Thank goodness for spell check :)