Sunday, April 01, 2012

03/31/12

1.  Conference today!  I do love conference.  The boys like it too!  They are more spiritually mature than I was at their age.  :-)  Back in those days we had to go to the Stake Center to watch it on the satellite broadcast, and it was always too dark to really be able to draw very well. 

2.  My friend Traci came over between sessions with her son Joseph (between Mosey and the twins' ages).  She and I played violin together for an hour or so, as she was practicing for a Palm Sunday performance and needed a little help.  I love playing and every time I do I think I need to practice more, beyond playing with my boys as they practice violin and cello.  I wonder if I could carve out 30 minutes a day somehow?

3.  In the evening I took the boys to the Austin Symphony.  There was a performance of Dvorak's cello concerto, and Mozart's Jupiter Symphony.  They behaved just fine, although I think only Brigham really got much out of it.  Joseph brought his book which I should have just confiscated at the beginning.  Mosey kept telling me he was bored.  I guess 8 years old is pretty young to really appreciate a 90 minute symphony performance, but I have to say the complaint of "I'm bored" drives me to distraction.  I really enjoyed it, though, and the next two ASO performances look great.  Ben and I will have to go on our own, or else I'll take Brigham.  The only bad part for me was the drive home!  I'm not sure what was going on downtown, but the traffic was horrid!  It took us an hour to get to the freeway.  :-(  The Austin Urban Music Festival was going on in the park right next to the symphony hall (what an odd contrast), so that was part of it, but the whole of downtown was just full of people and cars.  Everyone was pretty tired and grumpy by the time we got home.

No comments: