Monday, April 09, 2012

04/08/12

1.  Happy Easter!!

2.  We did some of our usual Easter stuff today-- went to church, dyed Easter eggs, had a small family Easter egg hunt (no tears this year, and Ben had to go and search for only 1 final missing egg), ate dinner, talked about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I'm not very satisfied with our Easter celebration this year, however.  I meant this week to each day read one of the Gospel's accounts of the Savior's last week, and that just didn't happen.  I'm going to do it this next week, though.  Better late than never.

3.  I made tilapia, hot cross buns, and fruit salad for dinner.  It was a "loaves and fishes" themed meal, get it?  Tilapia is apparently commonly found in the Sea of Galilee, so it may well have been the exact same type of fish involved in the miracles of the loaves and the fishes.  The hot cross buns were most assuredly NOT the kinds of loaves referenced in those stories, but they're traditional.  :-)

4.  In the evening after dinner we went out to the Dell fields for pictures in the blue bonnets.  I think we missed the peak of the season by about a week, but it was still OK.  I got some good pictures which I'm hoping sometime in my life I will have time to upload from my camera.  The boys kind of moaned and groaned about going, but after the pictures were done, they ran wild in the field, going all the way back into some adjacent woods, exploring, rolling down a big hill (Ben says that's not quite as fun to do as an adult...), and picking wild flowers.  I'm pretty sure it's against the law, but the season is nearly over anyway and Dell will probably mow that big field in another few days, and it is a HUGE field, and in any case I can't possibly resist watching my 3 cute little boys picking flowers and running across the fields to me to present to me in pretty bouquets.  When will my boys be too old for pictures in the blue bonnets?  I hope never.

No comments: