Monday, April 09, 2012

04/09/12

1.  Monday.  It was a so-so day.  Some good, some bad.  Mosey was pretty delightful today.  He kicked Mr. McGrumbles out the door.  :-)  On the other hand, Joseph and Brigham ended up in an altercation which resulted in a glass broken across the ground in our back patio and ovaltine milk drenching
Joseph as well as the couch he was sitting on.  :-(  It started with baking powder spilled on the couch.  Apparently yesterday Joseph was trying to make a baking soda and vinegar bomb (using a water bottle), and ended up spilling baking powder on the seat of the couch.  Brigham wanted to sit there to do his schoolwork, but couldn't because of the baking powder.  So he asked Joseph to clean it up.  Brigham can be a bit bossy, and Joseph can be a bit snotty in return.  Some names were called ("brat" is a bad word in our house) by one of the boys, the other one retaliated by slapping the name-caller, which made fisticuffs pretty much inevitable.  I was inside working with Mosey on writing, but am alerted by the sound of shattering glass and extremely agitated sounds coming from the two boys.  I really, really hate being the policeman in these kinds of altercations.  I really, really hate my boys to call each other names.  I really, really hate it when they fight with each other.  It make me so sad.  So that was a bit of a low point for the afternoon.

2.  Mosey had speech in the afternoon, but Joseph doesn't have flute until tomorrow, so that made for a more relaxing afternoon.  Although it also means a second trip down to the UT area tomorrow.

3.  Brigham said the family prayer tonight and prayed that I wouldn't be exhausted tomorrow.  Sweet boy.  :-)  I sure with I could figure out a way to get to bed sooner than midnight.

No comments: