Saturday, March 31, 2012

03/30/2012

1.  Sleeping in this morning felt soooo good, although it meant that no practicing got done in the morning.  We only had a couple of science experiments and history timeline to work on for school today, so the boys had most of the day off.  They did get half their practicing done later in the afternoon.  We'll have to make up the rest sometime this weekend.

2.  Joseph has been on a Harry Potter kick recently.  He's re-reading the books (and has got Brigham re-reading them now, too), and watched the last movie twice today (well, almost twice-- I made him go to bed before the last viewing was finished).  Last night I insisted that he throw the book he was reading (book 2) downstairs so he would not be tempted to read late into the night.  He threw a book down on the couch, but I neglected to ascertain which one it was.  This morning I saw it was book 1 which he's already read.  Which means he was probably definitely up later than he should have been reading book 2.  Stinker. 

3.  I love March in Austin.  It is so beautiful.  We've had a decent amount of rain recently and everything is as verdantly lush as it can be.  I sat on the couch on our back patio and read and catnapped for 2 hours this afternoon.  Brigham came lay against my shoulder reading Harry Potter and I think it was about as pleasant an afternoon as I've ever spent.  Warm spring air, squirrels scampering in the bright green trees along our back fence, good book, soft couch, adorable boy cuddled up next to me.  What more could I want?

4.  Here's a prediction for a future gadget that I wish were here now.  I wish we had virtual reality glasses that could record in 3D.  In the future we won't be watching home movies on a TV or projector screen, we'll be putting on a pair of VR glasses and re-experiencing those snippets of life we've recorded.  How I'd like to capture some of these beautiful moments and be able to go back and relive them in a more vivid way than pictures or journal entries could ever memorialize.

No comments: