Monday, April 09, 2012

04/07/12

1.  Went to the temple with Ben this morning.  I like the Temple, but I'm always totally wiped out afterward.  Too much walking and carrying bags and standing up and sitting down and I don't know what else, but my legs are always totally dead afterwards.  The session was at 9:30.  We left shortly after 7:00, driving a couple of other people, ate lunch at Subway right after the session, and then drove home.  I made a really stupid error and ended up taking probably 30 extra minutes getting home.  Ugh.  It ALWAYS takes us forever getting out of San Antonio.  We didn't get home until 3:00. 

2.  The boys had their first swim of the season this afternoon!  We went to my friend Stephanie's house and the boys played in her awesome pool for more than 2 hours.  They had such a fun time, and it was great seeing Stephanie (it's been too long), but I am NOT ready for summer to be here so soon!

3.  I (as usual) waited until the last minute to get Easter candy and eggs (and subsequently stayed up way too late filling the eggs).  HEB was totally cleaned out of the good candy, so I ended up going to Walmart at about 9:45 PM.  They did still have lots of good candy left, although no peeps.  Hey, I like peeps!  I dot the very LAST bag of Cadbury mini eggs, so I count myself lucky.  :-)

4.  In the parking lot, as I was getting out of the van to go into the store, I was stopped by a lady.  She had a very sad story of leaving her abusive husband (in Galveston), getting help from a church to stay in a motel with her 3 boys, and running out of money before her food stamps come on Tuesday.  I asked her a bunch of questions as we were walking into the store, and I believed her.  Maybe she's a good actress and knows how to manipulate people, but if so, that's not my problem.  I offered to buy her groceries, but she said she had to catch the last bus of the night back to her motel in just a few minutes, but there was a store near the motel where she could get food.  That story seemed legit since that HEB is something of a bus station itself, and I've seen the bus schedules that go to and from that store.  It's too bad, because I would have probably bought her more than the $40 I had in my purse.  Anyway it felt good to do a good turn on Easter weekend.

No comments: