Monday, April 02, 2012

04/01/12

1.  My big April Fool's joke this year was to forget it was April Fools Day!  Oh well.  I'm not that much of a jokester anyway.

2.  Last day of conference.  Joseph said, "I wish they would split up each session into one hour each so it could be spread out more."  It always seems to short to me, too.  And, I never heard Elder Bednar speak!  How's that?  Did he speak in Priesthood, I wonder?  I was looking forward to hearing what he had to say.

3.  Between sessions my family "hung out" on google video chat.  I love technology.  And I miss my family.  I got to see my brother's potential girlfriend (I approve), see my newest niece, 2 months old (oh, how I wish I had another baby), my little sister's 6 month baby bump (she's so cute, and ditto about the baby thing), my beautiful sister Eva's new haircut, Naomi and my namesake miss Polly who is the cutest 3 year old ever, my New York sophisticate brother and sister-in-law, and my sister Rosalynde's kids and their assorted creepy crawlies.  The cousins had a sort of show-and-tell going on while the adults were talking amongst ourselves.  Joseph quietly carried over to the camera the toad he caught last night, his alligator lizard, Spots the leopard gecko, an earth worm, the deer antler he found a couple of weeks ago, and about 15 roly-polies from outside, and showed them off to his cousins who in turn brought to their camera a roly-poly of their own, and a centipede (yikes!!) to show off to their cousins.  Mara played a violin piece, and my niece Lucy showed off her amazing gymnastics skills (she's really amazingly good for 5 years old!).  I think we need to have a cousins recital via google chat one of these days.

4.  Here are some pictures I took during conference.









1 comment:

abe said...

Oh man, Joseph is doing exactly what I did during so many conferences! Even into my pre-teens (and teens?). His structures are likely much more advanced than mine ever were :)