Monday, April 16, 2012

Bluebonnet season!

I love March in Austin (yes, I know it is April, but March is the real bluebonnet season here in south-central Texas).  It is glorious.  And I love the bluebonnets.  This has been a great year for wild flowers!  I almost missed getting pictures this year.  As it was, we finally got out to the Dell fields at the end of the season, after the profusion of flowers was dwindling.  But, that's OK.  I wanted to get pictures anyway because at some point my big boys are going to revolt against getting pictures taken in the flowers.  :-)

These two are from our front yard:



And these are from the Dell fields.  As you can see, the bluebonnets were pretty sparse.  But my cute boys make up for it.
My cute twins.  I hope they are always best friends.


In these next two, Ben was standing behind me making faces.  :-)



And finally, one with me and my boys.  As always, I wish I could be behind the camera AND in the shot.  I would make some compositional adjustments.  But that's OK, I sure do love this picture anyway.

No comments: