Tuesday, April 03, 2012

04/02/12

1.  Monday, Monday, Monday.  It was an okay Monday.  I attempted to get my car inspected.  The inspection was up in February, and it is getting to the emergency state of things.  However, I was thwarted.  For the last few months the ABS and brake lights have been on (on the dashboard).  I took the van in a few months ago and discovered that the computer part that communicates with the ABS system is broken.  The ABS system itself is fine.  But since it's a dealer-only part, it will cost $1,000 to replace!  Yikes!  The guys at the shop told me that the ABS system doesn't have to be working to pass inspection, so I didn't worry about it and figured I'd just drive extra carefully in the rain.  However, apparently Chevy is the only car manufacturer that links the ABS light with the brake light, so when the ABS light goes on, the brake light automatically goes on, too.  And according to Texas law, a car can't pass inspection with the brake light on.  Grrrr!  The guy actually told me to see if I could disable the bulb for the brake light  Ha!  Anyway, I obviously couldn't get it inspected then, and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to.  I need my car every day!  I have no time to take it in for repairs!  Ben and I are going down to San Antonio this weekend, so I can't do it then.  And I still have to get our taxes done, so next weekend is out, too (that's not gonna happen between now and then, it's just not).  So I'm getting pretty nervous driving around town.  If I get pulled over, it's going to be an expensive ticket.  :-(

2.  Speech and flute were this afternoon.  There was some drama with Mosey getting his homework finished for speech.  He really, really hates the journal-type assignments ("Tell about one time you used easy-onset and describe how you felt using it"), and to be honest, I hate them too.  I'm not sure what journaling about that sort of thing accomplishes.  I think practicing easy-onset speech is great, but the journaling thing is obnoxious, and especially, particularly for an eight-year-old boy whose powers of self-contemplation are limited at best.

3.  Ben came home!  His flight didn't get in until 9:15 or so, so he wasn't home until about 10:00.  It's good to be all together again. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I remember journal assignments like that in my speech therapy, too. I also remember totally and completely fabricating them. I felt pretty guilty at the time, but I've since incurred worse sins, so the guilt has faded :)