Friday, April 06, 2012

04/04/12

1.  Bit of another rough day around here.  Schoolwork didn't get completed by all the relevant parties until after dinner... :-(  It's no fun for anyone to drag things out for so long.

2.  We're reading about the WWI in American history.  So interesting!  So tragic!  So much death and destruction for absolutely nothing.  :-(  At least we had a great conversation about Woodrow Wilson and his 14 points, and the different perspectives of the Germans and the Allies.  History is definitely my favorite subject to teach in our schooling. 

3.  Brigham is interested in arm wrestling.  Why?  I am not sure!  But he's been asking me every day to arm wrestle him.  Well, I'm almost twice his weight and most of my mobility relies on my upper body, so he doesn't pose too much of a challenge for me, BUT he is a remarkably strong little kid.  Especially his left arm-- I guess all that violin practicing is getting him strong! 

4.  The boys also wanted me to measure them, which we do every few months, and mark the measurements on the wall next to the kitchen table.  A couple of months ago (February), Joseph and Brigham were exactly the same height.  Well, in 2 months Joseph has grown 3/4 of an inch!!!  Wow!  I wonder if maybe that can lead to extra grumpiness?  All my boys are getting so big, I really hate thinking about it.  Slooooooow down!

No comments: