Tuesday, April 10, 2012

04/10/12

1.  I sure wish stress burned calories.  Doesn't it seem like it should?  Shouldn't mental exhaustion be at least as calorie-burning as physical exhaustion?

2.  I currently have 14 messages on my phone.  I can't bring myself to listen to them because I know I'm going to feel like a jerk for not calling back, but mostly because I don't want to listen to them until I actually have time to call people back.  Otherwise I will forget.  And the only time I have to listen to messages lately seems to be at about 10:00 PM, and I don't think people appreciate call-backs at that time.  So if anyone has left a message on my phone and I haven't gotten back to you, it's not that I hate you personally, it's just that I'm a loser.  :-)

3.  Brigham was a shining star today!  He got all of his homework, practicing, and chores for the day done by 3:30 PM.  And then he cleaned up the ENTIRE downstairs (maybe upstairs too, I didn't see), and made dinner.  I need to give him a blue ribbon or something.  He was pretty much my contact with sanity today.

4.  Another thing that might have contributed to the stress of the day-- Joseph has a bad cold.  He came downstairs this morning and went right into the backyard.  I heard him yelling, "I can't breathe!  I can't breathe!"  Poor guy.  My best solution for congestion is good old Afrin nasal spray, but he did NOT want to take it.  "It will be worse than getting a shot!"  Instead we made do with boiling a pot of water and having him lean over it with a towel over his head, inhaling the steam.  Finally tonight before bed with a lot of pep-talk, he finally was brave and gave the Afrin a try. Amazingly, it wasn't as bad as a shot!  :-)  I hate colds and absolutely cannot abide the sensation of nasal congestion, so I have a lot of sympathy for him.  I hope he feels better tomorrow.

5.  Another good thing:  Mosey is really enjoying cello recently.  He told me today that he wants to increase his cello practicing to 45 minutes a day!  (What??)  He's on the last song in Suzuki book 1, and today we opened up book 2 for him to sight-read some of the pieces.  He was so excited about being able to play a couple of the songs with 2nd position.  He actually yelled out, "I can't believe I'm playing in second position!!"  He was very excited and it was so cute to see him.  I hope he always loves music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stress should TOTALLY burn calories! Haven't visited in a while! I am always impressed with your consistency and what you can get done!

Kellie said...

You're not a loser. You just have a busy life. If someone really needs you, they will call back. I love days when your kids just do what you expect them to do, plus extra. What a treat. Katelin is really wanting to play the violin; I hope she will be as excited about her practicing as Mosey. Playing beautiful music is what is fun about music. Hopefully Mosey will love it as he continues to sound better and better. :)

Naomi said...

Gabrielle, can I be your secretary? :) You deserve one, and I'd be really good at taking down messages, returning the non-essential ones, etc. Basically, you're a school administrator these days, so you really need one :).