Saturday, March 24, 2012

03/23/12

1.  Brigham and Joseph had orthodontist appointments this morning to get upper spacers put in.  Mosey hung out with me in the waiting room and perused a car magazine while we were waiting.  He carefully looked at every page in the magazine.  Finally he said, dead serious, "Mom, when I'm sixteen, I'm going to get the 2014 Corvette, unless there's something cooler by then."  I'm thinking the car magazine didn't put a price tag on the cars it was featuring.  :-)  If Mosey can afford a 2014 Corvette when he's sixteen (or something even *cooler*), I'll totally support him.  And ask him to take me on a joy ride. 

2.  Right at this minute, Ben and the boys are probably sound asleep (at least, I hope so) in their sleeping bags at Sandy Creek Park.  The boys finally earned their 20 points and got to go camping!  We all went down there together.  Joseph found the best campground in the park-- a nice flat area overlooking the lake.  It was a bit of a hike getting down to the campground, however.  Ben had to carry me down.  We had tinfoil dinners which turned out perfectly, and then sat around the campfire roasting marshmallows (hooray for the burn ban being lifted a few weeks ago!).  When the boys were ready to go to sleep (under the stars tonight, it is so beautiful), Ben carried me back up to the car and I drove home to a quiet house and 2 1/2 uninterrupted hours of laundry folding.  :-)  I'll drive back tomorrow morning for breakfast and whatever else the boys want to do.  I love spring!

3.  While we were sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows, we discovered something very funny about Brigham.  It's probably something that you had to be there to get the humor, but I want to remember it so I'll write it down anyway.  Who knew there was a particular skill required to be able to blow out a marshmallow that has caught fire?!  Apparently there is, because Brigham could not do it!  His marshmallows would catch fire (not too many times, but enough), and he'd try to blow it out.  He'd be blowing and blowing, several times while the marshmallow is blackening and carbonizing in front of his eyes.  I'm not sure how he *couldn't* blow it out!  All of us had a fine time enjoying watching his efforts.  :-)  Finally I demonstrated the proper technique, and after practicing a few times, he finally got it.  Mostly.  I joked that from now on Brigham has to practice blowing out marshmallows for 5 minutes every day.

No comments: