Friday, March 02, 2012

03/02/12

1.  The high today was 84!!  What the heck?  I mean, it's really nice for the boys to be able to play outside, and for us to do some of our lessons in the back yard, but seriously, I'm getting very afraid for this summer.

2.  This Friday was not a very satisfying one for me.  The boys were griping and sniping at each other, which I really, really hate.  I remember how much my parents hated it my siblings and I bickered, and now I know why.  It makes me crazy.  So much of the time the conflict is over cleaning up-- who does what chore, who did more than their share, who didn't do their fair share, whose responsibility it is to clean what.  Aargh!  I hoped we'd accomplish more, but so much time was wasted, that really only the bare minimum got done-- practicing and the science experiment we've been putting off for a week.  I wanted to go to park day this afternoon, but Mosey really pitched a fit.  I made him go last week, and so I relented this week, but told him he had to go next week.  I know he would have fun if he would let himself.  He didn't really want to do anything else, either, just hang out at home.  That's OK with me, but it's not very relaxing.  When I'm home there's constantly something I should be doing-- organizing, cleaning, laundry, whatever, so it's almost impossible for me to feel good about just sitting down and reading a book for example.  But at the park, there's really nothing else for me to do!  :-)

3.  Later in the afternoon, I forgave at least two of my boys for griping and sniping at each other when I caught them doing this:
They still like each other, at least a little bit.  :-)

No comments: