Sunday, March 18, 2012

03/17/12



1.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I love this fun little holiday.  I wore green, and made a pretty bracelet and matching earrings with green beads.  I sort of dropped the ball with everything else though, and didn't do the green milk for breakfast, or green foods for dinner.  It was Saturday.  I don't make meals on Saturdays, it's everyone fend for themselves!  :-)

2.  At horseback riding there was the most adorable little 1 1/2 day old horse that we got to see.  I can't believe that she was only a day and a half old! She was jumping and scampering around her stall-- the cutest thing you ever saw.  How could she have been squished inside her mama's belly only two days before?

3.  On the way home, Brigham and I stopped at Lowes for a few things.  When we got inside, we discovered that the only motorized cart available was broken.  I was very frustrated.  Then an incredibly nice man volunteered to wheel me around in the manual wheelchair and help me find the things we were looking for.  At first I said no, I'd just go to Walmart, but he was insistent, saying he had the time and he was happy to help, so I let him!  He was so, so, so nice.  He wheeled me around the store finding the things we needed, wheeled me to the check out stand, and then wheeled me back to the van and loaded my things into the back.  I told him I collect stories of really, really nice things people do for me, and he just got put on my list.  :-)  In some ways I am really lucky in that I have a chance to see the really good side of humanity-- especially here in Texas.

4.  We saw "John Carter" in the evening.  About 1,000,000 times better than "The Lorax."  :-)  I liked it better than I thought I would, honestly.

No comments: