Tuesday, March 13, 2012

03/13/2012

1.  I gave the boys the day off today.  I wasn't particularly productive during most of the day-- I guess I took the day off, too.  I did some laundry, did some practicing with the boys, finally finished reading "Caddie Woodlawn" to them (we were supposed to have finished that book more than a week ago) and even took a nap in the afternoon!  I can't remember the last time that's happened on a week day.  :-)

2.  The boys had a grand time today, I think.  They dug canals in the dirt and filled them up with water, and then made a big mud hole.  They put on their swimming suits and played in the hose.  (It was in the low 80's today, so pretty warm, but still a little cold for hose-playing yet.  Soon it will be time to clean out the pool!)  They played with Sandy, managed to get her all muddy, caught a lizard, tried to catch spiders, and hardly argued the whole day!

3.  I did manage to spoil Brigham's perfect day, though, at least for a while.  :-(  He has been asking me to go to the library the past few days.  Not incessantly, but he has been asking.  He wanted to go today, and I told him we would after practicing got done.  But when it was done, the boys were playing so happily in the backyard, I didn't have the heart to go and break it up, make them come in and take baths and go to the library.  By the time they came in at 5:20 or so, it was too late to go.  Brigham got very sad.  "My day off is ruined!  I could have been reading the whole day and that would have been better than playing!  I've been asking you every day to go to the library and you said we would go!"  You get the picture.  He was crying and I felt pretty bad.  Then he said, "We have nothing to read here!" and I lost a little of my sympathy, because we have lots and lots and lots to read here.  :-)  But I do know the thrill of going to the library and looking through the shelves to find the one perfect book to check out.  Oh well.  We really, really will go tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: