Tuesday, March 27, 2012

03/26/12

1.  Oh, a funny story from yesterday!  So we are kind of looking around at houses, hoping to find something one story that will fit our needs.  I'm doubtful we'll find anything, since our requirements are so stringent, but it's fun looking.  Anyway, yesterday evening we went to see a house (don't think it will work for us), and afterward we were driving around and asking the boys what they thought.  Joseph and Mosey were pretty enthusiastic.  Brigham said, "I really like the yard, but I think it's too expensive."  And Mosey immediately said, "Aww, Brigham always thinks like a grown up!"  :-)

2.  Today was an OK Monday.  Pretty good as far as our recent Mondays have been going.  Here's another fun Mosey story from today.  We always listen to the local classical music station here whenever we're in the car (and not listening to an audio book).  This past week has been KMFA's spring pledge drive.  Mosey takes our responsibility to our public radio station seriously, and he has been reminding me everyday to make my donation.  Today on our way home from TKD, the person on the radio was saying that they needed to raise $800 more in the next 20 minutes so they could qualify for matching funds that someone had pledged.  And, anyone who donated in the next hour would also be entered into a drawing for an ipod.  Mosey's ears perked up at that and he told me to go straight home and go onto the KMFA website and give them money.  He had been wanting me to do something else for him (now I can't remember), but he said, "Don't worry about that, mom, just hurry and get onto the web site!"  So that's just what I did.  I got on the website and made my donation, and in the box where they ask for comments I wrote, "KMFA is the only radio station my three boys and I listen to in the car.  It is the best classical music station I've ever listened to.  My eight year old has been reminding me (over and over) to make my donation, and so that is what I am doing!  Thanks for the great music."  I submitted the donation, and then to Mosey's utter joy, a few minutes later they read my note on the air!  And then they said, "You should pat your mom on the back right now for supporting KMFA."  And he did just that. 

3.  Joseph and Brigham got new spacers put in their upper teeth last week.  Poor Brigham has really suffered.  It hurts him to eat, it even hurts him to talk.  He's been asking for smoothies, and talking ventriloquist-style, moving his mouth as little as possible.  Poor boy.  Joseph is not a fan of his, either, since it makes it hard for him to swallow.  I feel bad inflicting this on my boys, when I never had to do any orthodontic work...  I hope they feel better tomorrow.

No comments: