Saturday, March 10, 2012

03/10/12

1.  Ben took Joseph and Brigham to both their activities today!  I got the day off from driving!  Joseph had archery in the morning and came home so excited.  "I got to shoot from 20 yards today, and I popped my balloon and got 5 bulls-eyes!"  He's one of the younger kids in the intermediate class, and had been shooting at his target from 10 yards away, while the bigger kids shot at 20.  So he's moved up with the big kids now!  It's so fun to see him excited about something he's really good at.

2.  It was cold and rainy and miserable all day.  But I don't mind the change too much, since it's sorely needed around here.  Still, by the time evening came, all the boys were complaining about the rain and how they didn't get to go outside all day.  I reminded them that if we lived in a winter state, it would be like this all winter long!  I love Austin.
The main reason I am not really loving the rain this weekend is that it is impossible to keep my floors clean.  I know I'm obsessive about it, but clean floors are my bug-a-boo.  I get really stressed outwith dirty floors.  And with a dog and cat going in and out a few times a day, not to mention kids, the rain is not great for the state of my floors... 

3.  Brigham and I drove to Little Caesars to pick up pizza for dinner tonight.  Before we left, I reminded the boys that the time changes tonight, and so it was kind of like an hour later than it really was.  Mosey moaned and groaned and protested that he didn't want to go to bed and he'd never be able to fall asleep.  Well, guess what we found when we came back from getting pizza?  A very tired Mosey sound-asleep on the couch.  He's either seriously tired or getting sick because I can't remember the last time he's done that.

No comments: