Wednesday, August 01, 2012

07/31/2012

1.  I got to take pictures of baby Jacob today.  I love that baby boy.  In the five days I've been here, he has already changed so much-- he gets cuter and cuter.  I wish I could bottle up that new-baby smell-- put it in dryer sheets or something.

2.  I called my mom's house this evening to talk with the boys.  They're having a great time, of course.  Mosey had to tell me all the "awesome things" he did today (his words), and then I talked to Joseph for almost a half hour.  He talks to me more on the phone than in real life!  He's having a good time, too.  He told me about everything they did today, and then updated me on the state of all the animals and bugs he's been seeing.  Brigham was too busy to talk to me.  :-)

3.  Jonathan came into town in the late afternoon-- he hasn't seen Jacob since last Monday.  It was so sweet to see that father-son reunion, and to watch Jonathan just sit and drink in the sight of his little boy.

4.  Later, after delicious lentil soup that Rosalynde made (can I hire her to come and be my cook?), my sisters and I gathered around the piano to practice a song we're going to sing for my parents this weekend.  And then we sat around eating salted caramel ice cream and watching YouTube clips of my sister Eva's chamber singer concerts this past year.  And THEN we sat around for about 3 more hours while Rachel and Naomi gave me foot massages and talked and reminisced until it was entirely too late for the mommies of little ones who will be up at the crack of dawn.  This is my kind of vacation.  :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE have someone take videos of the sisters' song and post on your blog. I, for one, would love to see and hear you.

Vicki

Unknown said...

Its so nice post Thanks for sharing with me



Also click on these keywords :-- Wireless Home alarm | Americas Ultimate Security | Home alarm Monitoring | Home Monitoring |