Friday, August 17, 2012

08/17/2012

1.  It's my mom's birthday!  I love her so much.  She is the best mother I could ever have.  My mom is everything-- intelligent, kind, capable, energetic, accomplished, compassionate, selfless, and beautiful.  She is the best grandmother I know-- she would do anything for my boys.  I know that in my bones.  She loves them like she loves her own children. 
My mom is so amazing.  I know I talk about our family slides a lot, but I love looking at them-- especially looking at my mother with all of her children, remembering all the activities we were involved in, all of the activities she was involved in with us!  Looking at those pictures, remembering the challenges she faced at a younger age than I am now, I am truly humbled.  It is a different experience looking at those pictures of her with the eyes of a peer, instead of a daughter (well, a daughter, too).  I'm glad I wasn't her peer, though, because she would have made me feel all kinds of inadequate.  :-)  As it is, I can just be grateful that I was the lucky daughter of such a wonderful person, and that my children are her lucky grandchildren.

Mama with baby Jane, Brigham and Christine's youngest, just the cutest, most darling thing ever.

2.  My boys have been busy playing with this stick figure animation program.  Mosey especially loves it.  He hasn't figured out how to save his animations, so after he makes one, he has me video it off the computer monitor.  I really need to get him involved in learning more sophisticated programing.


3.  Ben took the boys to do some errands tonight-- off to Lowes, and then to Taco Bell, I think.  So I had a couple of quiet hours to myself, which I used very industriously doing laundry.  I'm trying to kick off a very productive weekend.  Wish me luck!

No comments: