Wednesday, August 29, 2012

08/28/2012

1.  I have to take a picture of the playroom before I force the kids to pick it up tomorrow.  It's seriously amazing.  In a very awful sort of way.  I am so looking forward to having a play room with a DOOR I can CLOSE.  :-)

2.  The bikes are a hit.  Joseph was up by 7:00 this morning (first one up), riding his bike in the backyard.  Later he told me that he had dreams about his bike all night and when he woke up, he didn't think he really had it, because it was too good to be true.  So he came downstairs, and he DID have it!  I love it.
Brigham got his bike this afternoon and while he's not quite as over-the-moon about it as Joseph, I think he's very happy.  He kept asking me all day if the bike shop had called yet to tell us it was ready to go.

3.  I came home from the grocery store tonight to find my boys camped out on the couch, watching the Republican National Convention on our projector.  I loved hearing the comments my boys made as they listened to the speeches (especially Mosey's very indignant remarks whenever anyone brought up something particularly galling about "the other guy"), and Brigham's very enthusiastic "WOO HOO's!" when someone said something he particularly liked.  Afterward Mosey said to me, "I'm glad Dad turned that on.  I probably wouldn't have wanted to watch it, but I watched it since it was on and it was really good!"  Well, I would expect nothing less from a child of mine and Ben's!  :-)

4.  I painted the kitchen while listening to the RNC speakers.  It looks good.  Now if we can just find a renter.

5.  And here are two pictures just for fun.
Oh, I just love Jacob's little pout!  And almost perfectly round little face!


Rosalia's expression in this photo totally cracks me up.  Someone who is cleverer than I am needs to come up with a good caption.  Saying she looks a bit shell-shocked would be the understatement of the year!

No comments: