Friday, August 10, 2012

08/10/2012

1.  The state of Texas is very, very, very big.  I am sore from sitting all day driving across it.  Well, not all the way across it-- not even 3/4 of the way, actually.  Another 237 miles would have taken us to the coast.  This is one big state.

2.  My kids are pretty tired of each other; being confined in very close quarters every day for 3 days is not particularly conducive to sibling love.

3.  Seeing the "Low Fuel" light come on when you are more than 50 miles away from the nearest gas station is a little nerve wracking.  It's amazing how fast your car can guzzle gas when the speed limit is 80 mph.  Driving across west Texas is made slightly less painful with that kind of speed limit-- I just need to watch the gas gauge a little more carefully next time.  :-)  We did make it, by the way.

4.  It was fun to see the Sandy-boys reunion.  Sandy was very glad to see them.  I think the last two weeks have been pretty boring for her.  And I know Joseph especially missed her.  He printed out a picture of her to take with him on our trip, but a picture is not quite as good as the real thing.

5.  I am glad to be home!

No comments: