Wednesday, August 22, 2012

08/20/2012

1.  Ah, Mondays.  How I love them.  This one started out not so great as someone came to the door about 5 minutes after I got up.  I was brushing my teeth when Brigham came to my room saying, "Someone from the ward is here to see you."  Oh gosh, this means I forgot something...  But, it quickly came back to me-- visiting teaching!  So I got dressed super fast, put on a hat (no one wants to see my bed head), and yelled for the boys to wake up and come downstairs.  The boys watched my companion's two little boys and we went and visited a couple of ladies, so it all ended up fine.  But I really hate that feeling of "Oh shoot, I've forgotten something important!"

2.  Since I was gone visiting teaching until almost noon, we had a late start on lessons.  But, the boys were pretty cooperative, so it was OK.  Still, a late start on lessons means that lessons and practicing drags on into the evening, and no one likes that.  So it was pancakes and omelets for dinner since I was doing piano with the boys until 7:00.

3.  I think I mentioned that Ben is teaching Mosey and Brigham some C++ computer programming.  Joseph isn't that interested-- he was upset on Saturday (or Sunday?) when Brigham and Mosey were apparently understanding and being able to do something with a bunch of code that Ben had printed out for them.  Joseph didn't understand it, and I was not able to help him either!!  I hated my computer programming classes in college.
Anyway, right now they are just programming funny little programs that ask a question like "What is your name?"  And then when you type in your answer, it gives a response.  You can have quite the conversation with a computer that has been programmed by a ten year old!  :-)  Just before bed, Brigham wanted me to check out one more program he wrote.  So I went over and when it asked me, "What is your name?"  I answered, "Gabrielle."  And then it replied, "Gabriell, you're sure looking beautiful today!"  And I about swooned.  Is that not the sweetest thing in the entire world?  Brigham is such a sweetheart.

No comments: