Tuesday, August 28, 2012

08/27/2012

1.  We had a pleasant morning as we drove Pavel to the airport for the final leg of his journey back home.  Well, as pleasant as a conversation griping about TSA can be.  :-)  On the way home I treated the boys to McDonald's breakfast-- their favorite.

2.  Back at home we attempted a normal day of lessons and practicing.  I went through a humongous pile of mail (mostly junk mail) that had accumulated over the past few weeks.  I am so bad about keeping up with snail mail.  We discovered some library fines.  Ugh.  Joseph was particularly upset, since most of them were on his card.  He went through the notices, indignantly commenting on each late fee:
"I turned that book in!  What are they talking about?"
"Wait, I never checked out that book!"
"How can they say I damaged that book-- it only got a little water on it-- you could still read it and turn the pages just fine!"
Well, I guess that is the danger of having everyone check out their books all one one card.  It's also why I kind of hate libraries.  I always end up with late fees.  Seems like it would be cheaper just to buy the books. Oh well.

3.  Joseph got his long-awaited phone call about his bike this afternoon, so as soon as everyone was done with practicing, we made our way down to Buck's Bikes.  Joseph rode it around the parking lot, smiling the whole time.  Brigham took a turn and decided he wanted a bike, too.  So we paid for two of them, took one of them home, and will pick up the second tomorrow after it's assembled.  I hope they'll love their bikes as much as I loved mine when I was growing up.  I put lots of miles in on that bike going to and from sports practices, summer school, the library, down around the Rose Bowl and back.

No comments: