Wednesday, August 15, 2012

08/14/2012

1.  Day 2 of lessons went pretty well.  Very well, actually.  Could be because I didn't make the boys do any chores this morning-- they had piano lessons instead (we're still on our summer piano lesson schedule).  Chores will resume tomorrow morning, so we will see.  I had the boys organize their school notebooks for the year-- writing labels for their dividers, etc.  One thing I'm really hoping for is for my boys to take charge of their own notebooks-- I spent way too much time this last year putting their papers away for them.  No more!

2.  We are going to try to rent out our house when we move out.  Anyone know anyone who wants to rent a house within walking distance of Spicewood Elementary?  I've always thought our very walkable house was wasted on us homeschoolers.  :-)
Anyway, along that vein, I went down to Precision Camera to rent a wide-angle lens to take some interior pictures of our house to put up on our Zillow listing.  Now to get the boys to get their rooms in order so I can take pictures...  It's weird how different my house looks to me when I'm trying to see it through the eyes of someone who has never been here.
Anyway, Mosey worked on picking up his room for a while this evening as I was making dinner.  After a while he came back down and asked if he could take a break.  He had been working on it for quite some time.  I asked him how close he thought he was to being finished.  He said, "Maybe one-fourth or one-half finished.  It's hard to gauge."  My first thought was wondering how many eight year olds use the phrase "It's hard to gauge," and then I had to wonder just how bad his room was, if he was only 1/4 to 1/2 done...  This is why it's going to be good to live in a one-story house.

3.  I have 5 messages on my voicemail which I have not checked for about 4 days.  Will I ever get over my phone-phobia?  Tomorrow I promise I will listen to them.

4.  Mosey has been asking me to call him "Moses."  He wants me to change his email address to say Moses instead of Mosey (not that he ever uses his email).  Wahh!!!  I don't want him to grow up!  Now, I realize he may not want to be called "Mosey" when he's a grown up man.  But he's not a grown up man yet!  He's my baby!  I reserve the right to call him Mosey or baby or sweetie or anything I want for as long as I want.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mose is a good compromise