Friday, August 24, 2012

08/23/2012

In the throes of my boys' birthday celebration yesterday, I completely neglected to mark my little brother's birthday!  My younger brother Brigham was also born on August 22.  What are the odds that the nephew named after him would also be born on his very birthday?!
Brigham is really a remarkable guy.  He is four years younger than me, and my very earliest memories involving babies were of him.

It was so fun to have a little brother in the house, after the three of us girls.  He shook things up, that's for sure.  He was boy, boy, boy.  I remember him always with a ball or a car (well, usually a doll he was using as a car-- he did have 3 older sisters after all), sporting a dirty face, running from one thing to another.

He did soccer and t-ball and baseball and I think my dad was in heaven.  I was very protective of my younger brother-- he had a late August birthday (obviously) and so was always the youngest and smallest kid in his class.  Although I'm not sure he ever realized that.  :-)

He grew up to be handsome and smart and confident and the best example of a big brother for all his younger brothers coming up after him.

He was the first of my brothers to score a perfect 36 on the ACT (did you also get a perfect SAT score Brigham?), and went to BYU on a full scholarship.   He went on a mission, graduated from college and married a wonderful girl (I love you, Christine!).

He now has 4 kids of his own and is about to start his first year as a professor of economics at BYU, and if I were an undergraduate, I would seriously consider economics for a major, just to take his classes.  :-)

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Brigham, I love you!


1 comment:

Naomi said...

I love this post! Amen and amen.