Tuesday, May 22, 2012

05/19/2012

1.  Saturday!  Laundry day.  Lots of laundry.  Ben and I ran some errands in the afternoon-- pool supply store, Walmart.  Exciting.  :-) 
As I was doing laundry, I separated out some of Brigham's jeans that had reached the end of their life (Brigham is hard on jeans-- probably from all the tree climbing?).  He asked if he could have a pair.  A few minutes later I looked outside to see him doing this:








Ummm, WHY??
He put a bunch of cans of food into the legs of his pants, which he had duct-taped shut, then hung the pants on a nail on one of our back-porch posts, got the rubber snake from our animal box, and was attempting to destroy the pants by giving them a thorough snake-thrashing.  Nope, I don't understand it either.  At least he was having fun!  :-)

2.  My friend Traci and her son Joseph came over this afternoon-- the boys swam, she helped me fold laundry (the sign of a true friend), and then the boys came inside and made clay figurines.  Mosey's on another clay kick, which means I've been spending more time than I'd really like "helping" him (i.e., he does about 1/2 of the project, and then asks me to "help" him finish, and then runs off to play while I finish "helping" him :-)).

3.  After watching their Saturday night Star Trek episode, I went online to check on the time for the eclipse on Sunday.  As I was reading an article on it, I mentioned to the boys that the best view in Texas would be in Lubbock.  Joseph's eyes lit up and he said, "I wish we could go to Lubbock!"  Before I really knew what was happening, we had planned a last-minute trip to Lubbock!  I went to the grocery store, gassed up the car, and went to bed by 11:00 PM so I could drive the next day.  Road trip!

No comments: