Friday, May 25, 2012

05/24/2012

1.  A friend dropped by this morning during school.  He is a good friend from high school who moved to Austin a few years ago.  I don't see him as often as I should, given how close we live to each other!  And now I won't see him for a long while because he's going on a two-year "pilgrimage" around the United States.  He bought a van and is going to travel the country!  It sounds like a grand adventure.  This particular friend has changed quite a lot from high school.  I think he would acknowledge that!  He is still a great person and fun to talk to, but he bears little resemblance to the person I met 20 years ago.  It makes me wonder if people would say the same thing about me?

2.  It was the first swim day of the season for me!  Our art/music co-op evolves into swim days in the summer, and today was the first time I've ventured into the pool in 2012.  I don't think it's going to be as hot this summer (knock on wood!!), but we've hit a few 90+ degree days so far, and that's plenty hot enough for the pool to feel good.  My friend brought her baby and got in the pool with her, too!  That little baby girl was so cute kicking and splashing in the water!  Not good for my baby-hunger.  :-)  Late into the night I did research online about adopting internationally.  The idea of adopting a disabled child is very intriguing to me.  However, I think it would be very, very difficult to do because of my own disability.  Not raising a disabled child, I am sure I could do that, but being accepted as an adoptive parent.  China, at least, is really strict about the health of parents and I think it would be a very big long-shot.  I wouldn't be interested in pursuing anything like that for a few years in any case.  It probably isn't possible for me, but it's a nice dream, anyway.

3.  Cello lessons for Mosey in the evening.  I talked on the phone to my little sister while I waited for Mosey.  Sigh... I miss my sisters.  And, I made another real dinner tonight!  Not too exciting-- rice and beans, and Mosey was, true to form, NOT excited about it.  But when I informed him it was rice and beans or nothing, he did finally consent to eating some of the beans.  He ate the whole plate up, and even got more.  I think I'm making progress with this kid!

No comments: