Tuesday, May 22, 2012

05/21/2012

1.  Before we left, the boys had to take full advantage of the joy of staying in a hotel room.

I think there is a gaming system connected to the hotel TV?  We never could get the TV to work at all, but Joseph and Mosey sure had fun pretending to play video games.  I don't get it.  :-)


After getting dressed, the boys had to play their most favorite hotel game-- leaping from bed to bed.  I don't let them do this at night for fear of us getting kicked out of the hotel when the downstairs neighbors complain of the earth-shaking thumps and bumps.




So much fun!!

2.  The ride home was similarly non-eventful.  Actually, the drive up and back was beautiful!!  I never thought I'd ever use that adjective to describe driving through any part of west Texas, but it really was.  I guess I've never driven across the state an any time other than July and August when everything is brown and dry and horrible.  But it really was beautiful.  Everything was green and growing and I could finally understand how pioneers making their way into Texas might think this was God's country.

3.  We made it home by 4:30 or so, and then it was unpacking and cleaning up and making dinner and all the rest of the fun coming-home-from-a-trip stuff.  Ben was happy to see us; Sandy was even happier.  :-)

No comments: