Saturday, May 05, 2012

05/04/2012

1. Friday!!  The one day I don't feel guilty about sleeping in a little, because I can!  The boys had a pretty good school week and didn't have too much to finish up, which was really nice.  Mosey went to TKD, some practicing got done, we did a science experiment (making compasses), and *almost* finished Little Britches.  For some reason it has taken us forever to finish that book!

2.  Brigham had his violin recital in the evening.  He played Minuet by Boccherini (last song of Suzuki book 2) and Ben accompanied.  The accompaniment is pretty hard, and Ben and Brigham have been practicing for the past week and a half or so.  The recital went great-- Brigham doesn't get nervous and seems to perform well under pressure, lucky kid. 

3.  After the recital, the boys went to spend the night at the Andersons' house.  They have a giant tent that they set up in the back yard.  The boys brought sleeping bags and their Star Wars light sabers because, of course, it is Star Wars Day (May 4th-- May the Fourth Be With You)-- get it?  Ha ha ha!).

4.  Ben and I had a quiet evening at home.  He did work on his laptop while we watched True Grit, which I did not end up liking as much as I thought I would.  I didn't like the ending!  How did that cool little girl end up to be a grouchy old maid?? 

No comments: