Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

I had a beautiful Mothers Day.  We have morning church, so it was the usual morning rush, but church made up for it.  The boys all went up to sing with the primary kids during Sacrament Meeting.  Brigham and Joseph will only go up there to sing for me one more time before they graduate from primary.  I'm really not much of a crier (at all), but I was fighting back tears seeing my boys up there, especially when they all pointed to me during one of the songs ("That's my mother!").  I'm so lucky to be their mother.  I remember too well how painful Mother's Day was for the first several years of our marriage.  The contrast makes it all the sweeter for me today. 

After church I went out on the back porch and read a book in peace and quiet for more than 2 hours!  That's the best Mother's Day gift any mother can get, let me tell you.  Then the boys all made dinner for me-- parmesan tilapia, asparagus, and diced potatoes.  And they cleaned it up, too!  (Mostly.)

I had to milk Mother's Day for all it is worth, and talked them into taking some pictures.  I sure do love being a mother.  It's all I've ever really wanted to do.





1 comment:

Kellie said...

Beautiful photos. Nothing like reading in peace... that is a fantastic mother's day gift!